Tuesday, February 27, 2007
There was snow on the ground yesterday, but no snow day. The weatherman over-dramatized again. But we had the day off today instead, due to another migraine. The kids were certainly happy to have the day off, and were especially happy to be able to choose and make their own lunches. Georgie decided on a granola bar, a juice box, and a Little Debbie Nutty Bar. Abby played copycat and ate the same. Probably not the healthiest choice for them, but it definitely sped the process of my recovery to be able to stay on the couch with the pillows over my head and pretend not to notice.
- Name: Margo
- 1. I was born in Florida.
- 2. I was raised in New Jersey from the age of ten months.
- 3. I have not lived in NJ for almost 6 years now.
- 4. But when people ask me where I'm from, I still say New Jersey.
- 5. I have no relationship with my biological father.
- 6. I was adopted by my dad when I was a young child.
- 7. I detest when people refer to my biological father as my "real" dad. My REAL dad raised me.
- 8. I am afraid of the dark.
- 9. I am afraid of basements.
- 10. I have no sense of direction... I make a wrong turn and get lost constantly. Even in my own neighborhood.
- 11. I've been called "Charlie Brown" because of my habit of sticking out my tongue when I am concentrating really hard.
- 12. I only eat bite sized food in even numbers. (i.e. cereal, corn, m&m's, nuts, peas etc, etc, etc...)
- 13. I would die for my children.
- 14. More significantly, I would kill to protect them.
- 15. I used to smoke a lot of pot.
- 16. I still wonder what long-term effects that has had on me.
- 17. I quit smoking cigarettes in 2001.
- 18. I occasionally sneak a cigarette when no one is watching me.
- 19. I miss smoking. A lot.
- 20. I lost my virginity way too young. I regret, not the person, but the age.
- 21. I have only had sex with two men.
- 22. I have never cheated on anyone.
- 23. I have been cheated on.
- 24. I have been truly in love twice in my life.
- 25. I do not want to be cremated when I die.
- 26. I am a creature of habit, but I hate living in a routine.
- 27. Red wine gives me a nasty hangover.
- 28. But I drink it anyway.
- 29. Tequila makes me want to dance.
- 30. I hate to dance.
- 31. But I would love to learn ballroom dancing.
- 32. I am five foot seven.
- 33. I have never had a broken bone.
- 34. I am very reserved at first glance.
- 35. But when you get to know me I never shut up.
- 36. I don't like confrontation. I am unassertive. I don't stick up for myself very well.
- 37. I think that comes from being an only child.
- 38. I have never been arrested.
- 39. I have never had a cavity search.
- 40. I hope I never have a cavity search.
- 41. I hate people who do not use spell check.
- 42. I hate when people type LiKe tHiS.
- 43. Inconsiderate people piss me off.
- 44. I am one of the few people that misses high school.
- 45. I am left handed.
- 46. I sleep with my socks on.
- 47. I sleep with my underwear off.
- 48. I love to read.
- 49. I am very nosy.
- 50. I cannot sleep with the heater on.
- 51. I always sleep with the window open above my bed. Even in the winter.
- 52. I hate the smell of Pine-Sol.
- 53. I love the smell of sweat.
- 54. I pour milk on my Jello.
- 55. I like mustard and onions on my grilled cheese sandwiches.
- 56. I think coffee smells better than it tastes.
- 57. I have been pregnant four times.
- 58. I have three children.
- 59. I would love to have at least two more someday.
- 60. But I will probably never have more children because I can hardly afford the ones I have already.
- 61. I used to play the clarinet.
- 62. I wish I could play the piano.
- 63. I really want a tattoo.
- 64. I have ADD.
- 65. I stay up all night.
- 66. I have never had braces.
- 67. I love being alone.
- 68. I'm scared of turning thirty.
- 69. I'm even more scared of the alternative.
- 70. I love sleeping with my kids.
- 71. I have never worn glasses or contacts.
- 72. I am terrified to fly in a plane.
- 73. But I want to skydive someday.
- 74. I love airports.
- 75. People who drink "decaffeinated diet sodas" annoy me.
- 76. I am a great speller.
- 77. I won the spelling bee in the fourth grade.
- 78. I love romantic comedies.
- 79. I crave recognition when I work hard.
- 80. I want beautifully manicured nails.
- 81. I hate fake fingernails.
- 82. I love a tidy house.
- 83. I used to be a slob.
- 84. I still keep a few junk drawers to satisfy my inner pack-rat.
- 85. I am a giver by nature.
- 86. I'd love to go to the theatre more often.
- 87. I hate people who do not say "please" and "thank you."
- 88. I don't have a favorite color; I like them all, but I'm partial to green and purple. Pink too.
- 89. I love to cook.
- 90. I'd like to bake more often, but I'm lazy about it.
- 91. I love to sing, but I am horrible at it!
- 92. I love cloudy, rainy or snowy days.
- 93. I love going down the shore.
- 94. But I hate the beach.
- 95. I love lakes.
- 96. I adore Ireland.
- 97. I am a cat person. Dogs are entirely too needy.
- 98. Margaritas are my favorite alcoholic drink.
- 99. I hate being naked.
- 100. I am turned on by English accents.
- 101. I believe in soul mates, destiny, karma and kindred spirits.
Send your fan mail to: email@example.com
Find Posts by Category
- Just wishing and hoping...
- When I was your age, television was called books.
- My First Valentine's Day
- A Pink Nightmare
- Trying to get the kids to bed early tonight so I c...
- The long awaited snow day!
- For some people, Valentine's Day is the most unsur...
- Abby's new do.
- WARNING: Venting post ahead.
- I'd like to introduce to you...
I remember the little things
that once were only mine,
a homemade heart you
brought from school,
a "Mommy Valentine,"
fingerprints on window panes,
footprints on my rugs,
a little note you wrote to me,
soft and cuddly hugs.
I remember the little things
that I shall always miss,
a dandelion bouquet for me,
a smile, a laugh, a kiss,
Kool-aid smiles of berry blue,
popsicle grins of red,
good night kisses on my cheeks,
tucking you in bed.
I remember the little things,
that can't be bought or sold.
The children that God gave to me
were more precious than pure gold.
~Susan Maree Jeavons