} #blog-pager-older-link { float: right; } #blog-pager { text-align: center; }

Friday, September 19, 2008

Blowing the Dust Off

I just had to blow about a half-inch of dust off the Sign In button before I could get here to post anything. Really stirred up my allergies. It serves me right for being so neglectful. I have a few new reasons to start blogging again. Sunday, we (my parents, my grandma, George, the kids and I) are leaving for our annual trip to Corolla, NC. This year I vow to blog at least once daily during the trip. I need to keep these memories in print, since my actual memory is so unreliable. Last year I was blessed to have both of my grandparents join us, but my grandfather has since passed away, and I am angry with myself for not remembering so many things from our last trip together. If I had spent the extra time to keep a blog of our trip, I would have recorded some of the final, precious moments between my grandfather and my children. So, lesson learned, this year things will be different. I WILL blog!

Starting Sunday.

Tomorrow I will spend my day feverishly cleaning the house and packing everything we own into our car. This will be the first year that we brave the 8+ hours in the car together with no hotel stops in between. George, being the driver of this trip, will be the lucky one, free from all duties except... well, driving of course. I will spend my trip turned backwards and twisted, reaching for things dropped on the floor of the backseat, mediating fights over movies, ipods and video games (yeah, you'd think with all their crap they'd be so entertained that I might actually enjoy me some scenery), and endlessly tortured be a newly potty-trained 3 year old, who detests sitting in the car for more than 10 minutes before she turns into a fire-breathing demon. We need to rent a limo next year. You know, with the soundproof, see-proof partition? Anyone know where I can get one of those installed into a Ford Explorer?

Hey, in other news:



Thanks so much to everyone who voted!! I feel truly honored!!

1 Comments:

Blogger Yesterdays_ashes said...

YAY!!!!!! She's BACK!!!! Yeah, memories and lots and lots of pictures. Remember that, we are taking loads of them even if we have to edit some out. And we are taking them of EVERYONE and EVERYTHING. Yes even pics of you and me...oh better you and me together...I don't have a Mother/Daughter pic anywhere...ummm unless we count when you were really little.

It's gonna be a blast.

September 20, 2008 at 12:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home